Supplementing your child’s schooling with additional one-to-one tuition is a growing trend in Canada. A private tutor provides extra support to flourish your child in their academic capabilities. But is there any way to make sure that these often expensive tutors are really making a difference or not?
Here are few tips for parents to make these one-to-one tuitions a success for your child:
- First, check your tutor’s up-to-date CRC to ensure the safety of your child. Professional tutors don’t mind it at all, but they actually expect it from you.
- Location of your child’s tutor should be a key consideration in your choice, so it is advised to hire a local tutor for flexibility and continuity.
- Parents are responsible for providing a calm and quiet learning experience for their child during home tuition. Noisy environment makes it impossible to concentrate even for focused students also.
- Make a good compromise for your child and be thoughtful while scheduling tutorials. Having a balanced routine helps your child to develop their organizational skills and know what to expect so. It will be great to arrange to tutor for the same time each week.
- To be aware of your child’s progress, establish regular feedback. Arrange feedback directly with the tutor or lookout for the tuition agencies that provide feedback report.
- Encourage your child to practice what they learn in their daily tutoring sessions. Ask your child to teach you what they have learnt in their one-to-one tuition sessions as it will be a helpful practice to judge the progress of your child.
- Encourage your child to have a growth mindset. Parents can do wonders in the life of their child. Help them to overcome their deficiencies, and with the help of their tutor, facilitate a happy and successful tutoring relationship.
- To ensure quality within the tutoring profession and reassure a committed professional with proven competence. Hiring a tutor from a reputed, reliable, and trustworthy tutoring company gives you peace of mind.
GettaTutor.com tailors your child’s private tuition in Canada on scientifically-evaluated teaching modalities with proven results. Parents and primary teachers can notice marked improvements in literacy skills and math in just one term.
Our team of top-quality educators with worldwide teaching experience meets your child where they are. We design a personalized curriculum for your child’s private tuition that draws on their unique strengths to address their problem areas. You can get our services for Calgary tutor, Edmonton tutor, and Toronto tutor.